Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Pots & Buckets by Dana Warren

Hello AI fans!!

It's still cold where I live and there is even snow in the forecast, but I'm ready for spring!! Creating for spring helps to know that eventually, spring has to arrive for real!! 


I started with the different pots and then added in the flowers and foliage. I used the following Watercolor sets: Small Container, Foliage Set 1, Flowering Mailbox, Open Window, Chest of Flowers.



Along with the stamps I used many Distress Markers. I used: Peeled Paint, Worn Lipstick, Mowed Lawn, Mermaid Lagoon, Picked Raspberry, Twisted Citron, Fossilized Amber, Gathered Twigs, Shaded Lilac, Pumice Stone, Rusty Hinge, Forest Moss, Hickory Smoke, Vintage Photo, Ground Espresso, Victorian Velvet. These markers are nice as one end has a brush and the other a fine point. To add detail and or make darker shadows, I went in with the fine point.


After everything was dry, I trimmed my panel and rounded the corners. Then I wrapped some twine around the panel and tied it in a bow off to one side. I picked out some pattern paper from Echo Park paper Co Petticoats and Pinstripes pad. The watercolor panel went on the pattern paper and then I adhered that to a white card base. I decided to leave off a sentiment, instead, one can be added to the inside to fit the occasion the card is needed for!

Thanks for stopping by! Happy Stamping!!


4 comments:

Karen Day said...

Your colours are so vibrant, Dana! This is lovely :o)

Jil Lebel said...

Really nice card Dana. I love how you colored your pots!

Dot J Freel said...

Very pretty and colorful!

Renee Matarese said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love the bold and bright colors.