Saturday, January 6, 2018

Watercolor Weekend Roundup - Welcome 2018!


Happy Saturday, Ai friends! The design team is back this new year with fresh and fun ideas! For those of you looking forward to spring, you will love Dot's floral arrangement! If you are still enjoying winter, Tricia K.'s inventive snowman and Tricia O.'s snowy neighborhood on a hill will inspire new ways to use your favorite supplies! Check out these ideas below, and be sure to visit their personal social accounts for more fabulous ideas!

Dot Freel - Instagram - Blog - Pinterest
Hello Watercolor Friends,

I'm excited for 2018 and so glad that I've had some time to watercolor now that the holidays are over. I made this card using the 4959 - WC Dogs Set, 4871 - WC Rustic Container Set. I used flowers from 4868 - WC Flower Set 2 and the 4761 - Watering Can and the grass and leaves from the 4051 - WC Foliage Set 1. The pink paper looked too plain so I was going to sew a stitched border but when I was looking at the decorative stitches on my sewing machine, I found this dog stitch and thought, how cute would that be? Happy New Year and happy crafting!

Other Supplies: Canson WC Paper, No. 4 Brush

Tricia Kennedy - Instagram
My project for today’s Art Impressions Watercolor Weekend is a “40¢ Snowman”.

Gather 40¢ - one quarter, one nickel and one dime - trace the coins onto a 4x6 piece of Canson watercolor paper. Using a Molotow masking pen, place dots all over the paper for snow, let dry. Stamp the snowman’s arms using the smallest branch from the 4963-WC Fall Set in 45 Sepia with the Stamp Positioner. Stamp the snowman’s hat using a pot from the 4869-WC Small Container Set in 1 Black also with the Stamp Positioner. The Stamp Positioner is very helpful for placing items exactly where you want them. Pull the color from the lines. Scribble 86 African Violet onto your Watercolor Palette and brush onto the background going up to the pencil lines of the snowman and around the arms and hat. Remove the masking snow dots and the pencil lines with an eraser. Add the eyes and buttons with 45 Sepia and the nose with 88 Terra Cotta. Complete the snowy scene by brushing a Wink Of Stella Clear Glitter Brush Pen onto the background.
Marvy Le Plume II Markers: 1 Black, 45 Sepia, 86 African Violet, 88 Terra Cotta
Other Supplies: Quarter, Nickel, Dime

Tricia O'Bin - Blog - Instagram - YouTube - Pinterest - Facebook
First I stamped the WC Mini Cottage in the front in Sepia. I cut a mask out of post-it notes, covered it to protect it while I stamped the next cottage in Sepia as well. I placed this cottage do the left and overlapping the first cottage slightly. I cut another mask and covered this cottage. I then stamped the third cottage to the left and slightly higher than the second cottage, and overlapped it slightly. I followed the same procedure for the last cottage. I used a stamp positioner to place each cottage where I wanted them.

I pulled the color out of the lines and added color from the palette to each cottage. I added a small amount of texture to the front of the first cottage using Sepia. I added snow with African Violet

I replaced the masks over each of the cottage. I used the large fir top from the WC Fir Tree Set to stamp the trees behind the cottages in Bottle Green and Pine Green. I added Black and Sepia to the left side of the cottages to create the idea of a snowy street. Using Blue I added the sky.

I cut the water colored piece to 3.75 x 5 and adhered it to a Gina K Designs – Christmas Pine Cardstock that measured 4 x 5.25.
Other Supplies: Post-it notes, Scissors, Gina K Designs – Christmas Pine Cardstock

Let us know what you think of our project in the comments below! Do you have projects to share with us? Be sure to hasthtag ##AiWatercolor on your online projects, and you can also post pictures to our Facebook PageHappy Stamping!

5 comments:

PJ said...

Your card is beautiful!

see mary stamp said...

All of these projects are wonderful. I love the 40 cent Snowman. The Winter Cottage scene looks a little challenging for my current skill level, but I'm hoping to play with my watercolor stamps more this year. Happy New Year. Thanks for the inspiration.

ednamburgess said...

All great cards. Hope you do a u-tube of the Winter Cottage scene. I'm getting so many of your watercolor stamps so love the new videos.
Edna

Jenny Blikstad said...

I love the idea of seeing a dog border stitch on your card. I will have to look at the stitches on my machine and think about what I might use. The hearts, for starters!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful cards but what really surprised me was the 40 cent snowman you made. That was so clever and made a cute design. Using a flower pot for his hat worked well too.